PORCHER ABRASIVE COATINGS LTD
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected.
This policy is updated from time to time. The latest version is published on our website. The policy was last updated on the 8th May 2018.
- Legal Basis
- What Data we gather
- What we do with the data we gather
- Third parties
- Controlling your personal information
- Your rights under the GDPR
- Links to other websites
- How to contact us
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect from you.
The majority of our data processing activities are in pursuit of normal day to day activities relating to processing orders, shipping goods to customers and managing their accounts. For these activities our legal basis for gathering, holding and processing your personal data is “contract”.
With regard to marketing activities, our legal basis for gathering, holding and processing your personal data is “legitimate interests”. We hope to provide you with communications that are interesting and informative.
What data we gather
We may gather the following personal information :
- Name and Job Title
- Contact information including email address, telephone and mobile numbers, physical and postal address.
- Website usage data if you use our website.
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests. Some demographic data may be collected automatically when you interact with us – for example Google Analytics provides this kind of data.
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers.
What we do with the data we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons :
- Internal record keeping, processing your orders, managing your account and complying with regulations.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We will never sell or lease your personal information to third parties.
- We will only pass your information on to third parties where necessary – for example to transport companies or couriers so they can deliver your goods.
- In processing your order or account application, we may send your details to, and use information from, credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
- We may pass on your personal information if compelled to do so by law.
- We may periodically send emails, text messages or social media posts about our news, new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the contact details which you have provided.
- Occasionally we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise our website according to your interests.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps us to analyse web traffic using Google Analytics.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website and tailor it to customer needs.
- A cookie does not give us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser settings to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our website.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by us for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to us or emailing us at [email protected] or unsubscribing using the link on the bottom of our marketing emails.
Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) include but are not restricted to the following :
- You may request details of personal information which we hold about you. This may be done by writing to us or e-mailing us at [email protected]
- You have the right to correct your personal information. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
- You have the right to be forgotten. Should you wish to invoke this right, we will comply with your request to the extent that it does not conflict with regulations (e.g. record keeping for the HMRC).
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
How to contact us
By Email : [email protected]
By Mail :
Porcher Abrasive Coatings Ltd
Riverside Industrial Estate
PE21 7TN. UK