Manufacture & Engineering Repairs
Our Engineering Department, comprising of a team of highly skilled and experienced engineers, provides a comprehensive in-house manufacturing, repair and maintenance service for our customers, as well as playing a vital role in Research and Development. This includes, but is not limited to:
- Manufacture of new rollers – up to 3500mm (length) and 150mm (dia)
- Production of metal roller shaft
- Roller straightening – up to 3 metres in length
- Adaptations to rollers to improve the peeling process
- Customised welding and turning
- Repairs and replacement of worn parts, repair of damaged shafts
- Replacement of roller scrolls
- Refurbishment of batch peeling machines
- Bending of 3 metre wide steel sheets (3mm thick stainless, 5mm thick mild steel)
Due to increased customer demand for specialist engineering skills, we installed additional equipment including a Safan hydraulic press brake and a Dean, Smith & Grace lathe with an 11ft 6″ gap between the centres and a 17″ swing.
Other engineering services offered include turning, milling, drilling, mig and tig welding, controlled pyrolysis and shotblasting.